FIVE REASONS TO VISIT MONACO
The mild and temperate Mediterranean climate offers 300 days of sunshine a year.
Safety and Security
Monaco offers incomparable safety and security for individuals and their property. The principality has one of the world’s highest police per capita rates making Monaco one of the safest places on the planet..
Monaco hosts a multitude of exhibitions, concerts and sporting events.
Casinos and Luxury Hotels
There are 21 casinos and a variety of luxury hotels and accommodation with dedicated leisure and well-being facilities.
Restaurants and Nightclubs
World renowned restaurants are complemented by legendary nightclubs.
The Monaco Grand Prix
The world-famous Monaco Grand Prix was first held in 1929.
Casinos and Hotels
The official language of Monaco is French but English is widely spoken.
The Grimaldi family have ruled Monaco for more than 600 years before it officially became a sovereign state.
The red and white colours are the heraldic colours of the Grimaldi house.
What makes Monaco so special
- Monaco became independent in 1419, was made part of France in 1793 and part of Sardinia in 1815 and became an independent state on November 19th, 1861.
- Monaco has one of the largest population densities in the world with an estimated 17,000 people per square kilometre.
- Monaco is not only a principality but also a constitutional monarchy since December 17, 1962.
- The Grimaldi family have ruled Monaco for more than 600 years before it officially became a sovereign state.
- The world-famous casino is in Monte Carlo a ward of Monaco.
- Residents born in Monaco are not allowed to gamble or even enter the casino.
- Monaco’s name comes from the ancient Greek meaning ‘single house’
- The official language of Monaco is French but English is widely spoken.
- The real estate market of Monaco is the third most expensive in the world.
- Per capita the principality has the largest police force in the world.
- The world-famous Monaco Grand Prix was first held in 1929.
- Monaco’s flag is almost identical to the flag of Indonesia. The red and white colours are the heraldic colours of the Grimaldi house.
- 50% of Monaco’s population could fit inside the football stadium.
- The principality of Monaco is the second smallest country in the world after the Vatican City.
- The total area of Monaco is 2 km” or 1.24 sq miles.
- The native Monegasques make up less than a fifth of Monaco’s population.